Monday, February 22, 2010

BACK FROM ASHEVILLE



I spent the weekend at Chandra Om's workshop in Asheville, NC.

It's always wonderful to absorb Chandra's teaching... and to hold poses for longer than 5, 10, 15, 20.... 50 breaths. And to do a long Yoga Nidra. Even the ankle liked it.

And everyone loves Asheville, where it was warm enough to sit outside and re-read Christopher Isherwood's My Guru and His Disciple. (Although all I saw of this famous hilly city was the shala, the health food store, and the place where I stayed).

But landing in the snow at O'Hare today, I was oddly elated to be back home in cold, f(l)at Chicago.



3 comments:

  1. Cara, do you have a new camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope - these were borrowed from other websites (click on photo to go there).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing a lot of good work here, but I know for sure I will be happy to get back to NYC!

    ReplyDelete