Monday, May 22, 2006

HIGH ANXIETY

Despite the fact that I've been there not once but twice I'm not sleeping and the heart is beating too fast and I can't eat and all I can think about is the fact that I'm taking three legs and two airlines to get there, and they do not like each other (let alone United, which actually issued the ticket) and that I may wind up re-enacting scenes from The Terminal if I miss a connection. But hopefully not the scene from the autobiographical Aerpuerto '98, in which the O'Hare Mexicana agent tore off my paper ticket for travel to Mexico City and from M.C. to Cancun, and I was stuck ticketless and friendless at the Mexico City airport for hours suffering through one of my most massive meltdowns to date (it being the one-year anniversary of my mother's death and all), trying and failing to convince them to reissue my ticket and having them search through the garbage for it at O'Hare and finally being forced to buy a brand-new new one for top dollar. Argh. The Air Canada agent I spoke to yesterday was not at all optimistic that I'd get to my destination if I missed one of my flights.....something about the award ticket from another airline making the holder some kind of pariah. It's enough to make one turn back, or at least postpone.

At least there are credit cards.....

No comments:

Post a Comment