Tuesday, March 27, 2007

VOMITY HO




I was in the middle of doing all of the things I'd been putting off last night when, out of nowhere, I became fatigued. Then my head started to pound.

So I took a bath and went to bed.

It was 8:30PM.

I watched a bad movie. As I watched, my stomach started to hurt.

I put a heading pad on it and the pain subsided.

But the more the movie dragged on, the more the head throbbed.

Finally I had to turn it off and attempt to sleep.

But the throbbing in my head kept waking me up.

I thought it was going to explode.

I found a bandanna, wrapped it around my head, and tied it tight.

Still it felt like it was going to exlode.

It awakened me so many times I took a Tylenol PM.

I thought, "What am I doing with my life?"

Finally, around 2AM, I started to feel nauseous.

I leaned over the toilet. Nothing came out.

In fact it just made the head hurt more.

So I got out the bucket and went back to sleep.

Twenty minutes later I ran to the toilet and was violenty ill.

And ill.

And ill.

It was like Monty Python's projectile vomiting scene.

Yet I was aware enough to notice that I cried as I threw up.

When I finished, I noticed that the head already throbbed less.

I got what I could out of my throat and went back to bed.

At one point I got up, canceled this morning's Mysore date and went back to sleep.

When I woke up for real, I was thankful that I had re-stocked the ginger ale and saltine crackers.

I watched Love that Brute with Paul Douglas.

I loved it: A Chicago mobster goes for an uptight WASP governess from Michigan.




I loved Douglas even more. What a mug!

Apparently I am now into big, craggy old men.


He reminds me a little of beat-up 6'2" Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, who's been in trouble for gangster activities during the 1993 Bombay bombings and is now on his third marriage.

I looked up Douglas; he was married five times.

No wonder I find him attractive....

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:25 PM

    Have a cheeseburger already!

    With bacon!!

    Why not married???

    ReplyDelete