Tuesday, November 04, 2008

PLEBISCITE






For those of you who wanted to know if I'm at Grant Park tonight the answer is no - I was at Blet's, watching the returns. And now I'm at home, typing.

Voting was easy today: no line. Plus there were very few signs outside. And there were only four intimidating Daley Machine precinct workers trying to hustle up votes outside. This year they were thinner, younger and fewer than usual. Change is indeed in the air.

And I bypassed them all by riding the bicycle to the high school. By the time I locked it up, I was within the safety zone that they could not penetrate.

Afterwords, on the way to collect a free cup of coffee for voting, I rode past a local bar - which also serves as a polling place.




Only in Chicago...

No comments:

Post a Comment