Monday, March 09, 2020

The Essence of Self Knowledge: Limitless Consciousness Is the Ever-Evident "I"




The Essence of Self Knowledge: Limitless Consciousness Is the Ever-Evident "I"
By James Swartz

"If you are enlightened, there are four things you will know when you use the word 'I.'

"1. I am the consciousness that is not a part, product or property of the body.

"2. I am the independent consciousness which pervades and enlivens the body.

"3. I am not limited by the boundaries of the body and I continue to live when the body dies.

"4. I am the space-like consciousness in which all bodies appear, including the one I say is 'mine.'

"If you understand these words, you do not require more proof for your enlightenment. If you continually require proof of this statement, your knowledge is not steady and you cannot said to be enlightened."

from James Swartz's Inquiry Into Existence: The Lamp of Knowledge


No comments:

Post a Comment