Wednesday, November 17, 2004

THE GOOD EX

At the moment I seem to be capable of exactly one thing -- sleeping. Well, eating too. But I just awakened from a two-hour nap and will probably go back down again soon. Either this is the toll that a trauma takes on the body, or I am fighting off that supernasty two-week cold everyone is passing around. Whatever the case I have zero energy and managed to reactivate my sore breastbone while giving someone a baddhakonasana adjustment this morning. Is it possible that the crash dislodged a rib? Who knows.....

Yesterday I was so fatigued I did not visit my rescuers to pick up my bike and begged off editing Valerie Loves Me with Blaine and Addington (in which Blaine edits while Add and I look on / come up with new schtick). I also bailed on some dinner plans (interestingly, my ride there was glad for the reprieve, as he was laid up in bed, too!). At some point the doorbell buzzed and I thought, Go away. And then I thought, Hmmm, the election season is over and the Jehovah's Witnesses were here on Monday. So I answered. It was FLOWERS. A HUGE BUNCH -- for me. From The Hex. I had forgotten that people made such gestures. Again I was floored.

So I put them in water and set myself up on the couch to watch the 1983 Amitabh Bachchan Bollywood vehicle, "Sharaabi," and dozed off but once (Bindi's Hum Kisise Kum Haneen DVD would not play).

And now I'm debating going out for bike retreival /editing, and trying to figure out whether or not I should try to teach tonight's ashtanga one class.... Since I teach two in a row tomorrow morning at 6 and 7:30. Time will tell. On the one hand, I'm glad I don't have any pressing deadlines. On the other, I'm worried about finances.

Which reminds me. Some weeks ago I was telling everyone, "Yeah, I don't know if I'm going to India this winter or not. I'm looking for a sign." Don't ever say this. Or you will get a series of signs, and they will all point in the same direction (ie stay home and work your ass off):

Vet bill $1,000
CK dental bill $800
CK ER bill unknown
Tik to India $1470 to $1675
2 mos w/SKPJ $1,000+


......Unless there's some other interpretation that's eluding me.




No comments:

Post a Comment