Sunday, November 14, 2004




OCTOBER SURPRISE

This is way out of character, as I *always* pay my bills early.

Late last night I dug out the insurance papers to see if the ER was covered and opened the most recent envelope, which arrived Thursday or Friday....
and learned that payment was due October 27. I checked the checkbook -- the premium had not been sent. Apparently the statement for Nov/Dec never came -- because if it had I would have paid it, and early too -- and my coverage has lapsed.

Big panic.

Of course they're not there on the weekend.

Maybe there's a grace period.

Does anyone know the average cost of an emergency room visit?

Will try to fix it first thing Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:01 PM

    I'm so sorry for your accident. Strangely enough, I just opened a bill last week from an ER visit for my son while we were on vacation in Arizona. It was over $500 and included glue instead of stitches. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:01 PM

    oops... I hate this anonymous commenting thing... the above comment by myself, julie (facinginward.org)

    ReplyDelete