Sunday, November 07, 2004



THERE GOES INDIA

After much debate I took Scurvy to the mean 24 hour vet and learned that his urinary tract is partially blocked (probably from the magnesium-laden Panda liquorice he likes) and they will have to insert a catheter (ouch!) and keep him overnight, to the tune of $450 to $600 -- the price of the mammogram I need but cannot afford. The price of the urine-proof Herman Miller Aeron desk chair I have wanted forever but cannot have. The price of a month with Pattabhi Jois.

Doing the right thing sucks.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    You can get a mammogram AND a complete physical, blood work-up, and more at Cardiomed in Arlington Heights . I went there a couple years ago (when I turned 40) and it was really easy. Let me know if you want to go and I'll meet you there. It's time for another one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:27 PM

    Poor not so old kitty Scurvy. Funny he has developed that 'old man stank' at such a young cat age... My advice is to leave that overpriced/overtaxed Chicago and come out to where the real, and healthy people & animals live, in the SuperBoonies baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.comics.com/comics/getfuzzy/

    ReplyDelete