Wednesday, March 13, 2019

No Sleep Til Jaipur




I'm headed to India soon to spend time with Gurudev at his ashram in Jaipur and see/stay in Pranava's new guest house. But, it may take some time to get there - despite having booked a 14-hour nonstop from Chi to Delhi.

I just learned from a friend returning from Varanasi that there's a no-fly zone over Pakistan due to recent conflict with India, and planes are being rerouted and massively delayed.

According to FlightAware, my outgoing flight has been delayed anywhere between 1.5 and 15 hours -- or canceled altogether. The "nonstop" return flight has been stopping in Vienna for a couple of hours and arriving in Chicago 2+ hours behind schedule (My Varanasi friend, KU, said that her "nonstop" flight from Mumbai to Newark stopped in Munich and that passengers went without food for 10 hours, and without water for 8 hours).

This is a good reminder that the purpose of this trip is yatra (pilgrimage) and that tapas (austerities) is part of the package.

And to pack smart.

Jai Guru!



2 comments:

  1. Oy. I guess you buy some water in the airport & bring it on with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! And have my mala with me. And some food. A good book. Some Netflix downloads. And a backup battery.

    ReplyDelete