TODAY'S TOPIC = GLOBAL WARMING
questions for consideration:
1. Does global warming exist?
2. Is it possible to practice yoga without Yama and Niyama?
3. If the yogic idea of ahimsa (non-harming, the first of the Yamas) applies to all living beings, does that include the Earth?
4. Are yogis (Ashtangis, Hatha-heads, hot yogaists, Forresters, Friendlies, etc) who practice in a space where the temperature is heated above 72 degrees practicing ahimsa? Or are they contributing needlessly to global warming just so they can have a more intense practice (which tends to feed, rather than diminish, the ego)?
5. Are these things (ahmisa, yoga in a warmed-up room) mutually exclusive? Is it OK to practice in a warm room if one rides a bike or walks or carpools to class instead of driving an SUV?
Venice Beach Surf by Caca (c) 2005