Saturday, July 07, 2007

SO MANY SYLLABLES, SO LITTLE SAID

Last night I enjoyed the deep, dreamless sleep they talked about in teacher training. It was the best slumber I've had in years.

Perhaps it's because we walked all over Erlangen last night looking for an Indian restaurant. My friends' favorite one had mysteriously closed. The second one was packed to the gills and they would not seat us (everyone was out and about because it was the first dry, warm night in weeks). We finally found seats outside at restaurant number 3.

Indian al fresco in Bavaria -- wow.

Which reminds me-

My essay about surviving summer finally aired on public radio yesterday. I recorded it last year, just after returning from India. But it still sounds like me. You can access it here.



-------------------


We may take a road trip to Munchen tomorrow. If so, I hope to meet Ursula.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. We will have a sunny day here according to the weather report.

    I'm very pleased to meet you.

    Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:44 PM

    Tried to listen to your 8:48 piece but it is not working on npr's web site. Say hi to V and family for me.
    Munkin

    ReplyDelete