Friday, July 06, 2007

WUNDERBAR!

I made it to Germany in one piece despite the fact that every time I began to fall asleep on the plane, the little girl next to me either kicked my leg or bumped my arm or threw her hair into my face. Finally I looked at her and said, "Please stop bumping me." It worked.

My seat was in the bulkhead, just behind first class. This is also the row with the pull-down shelves that fit a cradle, and the row was full of babies (including me). Fortunately, I had my pilot earplugs.

The ICE train from Frankfurt to Nurnberg was quiet, fast and expensive. My friends were there at the station, waiting for me.

On the way home we stopped to buy fresh cherries.

It's cool here, and I'm exhausted. Apparently it doesn't get dark til 10. But I'm trying not to take a nap in the hopes that I'll sleep through the night.

Not likely, but possible....

4 comments:

  1. Fresh strawberries, sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, cherries! Supposed to be 95 here Sat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2004 Paso Robles Cabernet is messin'
    me up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome here. Yes, it is fresh at the moment. But it is said that the weekend shall be sunny.

    Have a nice time here.

    It's cherry time. I eat them every day now.

    ReplyDelete