Saturday, December 22, 2007



THINGS I SAW TODAY WHILE RUNNING ERRANDS:

1. A coyote pacing back and forth behind the fence of the Jewish Graceland cemetery. (When I stopped my bike to look and make sure I wasn't seeing things, it too stopped and then moved back a few feet, raised its nose in my direction, and sniffed the air. I'm not sure whether he went out for a sandwich later on or not).

2. A man crossing Ashland Avenue at Foster on a unicycle. Right in front of my car. (He was wearing a helmet).







THINGS CATESEY AND HIS COHORTS HEARD TODAY WHILE WEARING ORANGE JUMPSUITS AND HANDING OUT ANTI-GUANTANAMO FLYERS AT ROCKEFELLER PLAZA:


"I support the camp. Fill it up."
"You're all sick!"
"I hope you get beheaded!"
"Commies!"
"Liberals!"
"Get a life!"
"Shame shame."
"They deserve to be there - they attacked us!"
"Couldn't you choose a better time to do this? Thanks for ruining our holiday!"



(The people saying these things were tourists)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:33 PM

    It is scarey to demonstrate for peace. People are frightened of those who are more passionate about our freedom to love than our "freedom" to consume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unicycles are very popular here in Deutschland, mainly with pre-teen females.

    PS I agree wholeheartedly with 50 ft qe.

    ReplyDelete