Thursday, April 05, 2012

THURSDAY QUOTE



"Yoga is especially necessary at this point in time, when life appears especially confusing and filled with tension, stress and distractions. It helps one to slow down in life and re-align oneself with the harmony of the universe and find peace within. It will help diminish cravings and bad habits, and bring you a disease free body, a balanced mind, radiant health and long life. Yoga brings very special results. It is the door-opener to Intuitive Knowledge and Eternal Bliss."

Sri Yogi Gupta (Swami Kailashananda)

5 comments:

  1. Well, he is right about that (though I have no first-hand knowledge of eternal bliss)! Thanks for helping me get through the last couple (stressful) weeks. It was a lot better with Mysore in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome; there is nothing liked daily practice to calm the mind. Hopefully you will continue to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say it's highly likely I'll keep coming, but not 6 mornings a week. The only way I can manage to do something every day is to be very flexible about when and where. Sure, the porch of the beach house where I could hear the ocean, or a regular class is nice. But sometimes it's had to be a hotel fitness center or my back patio with a kid circling my mat on a scooter.

    I don't think I can/want to go back to not doing it. When I was 10 I used to check Iyengar's book out of the library and copy the pictures in it. When I asked my mom for "yoga lessons" she got upset and signed me up for ballet. There'd be no sense in quitting now after having waited more than 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting:

    Ballet ===> Yoga

    That's a good progression.

    Ralph from DeKalb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ralph, ballet was a respectable alternative for Nice Jewish Girls.

    ReplyDelete