Wednesday, November 09, 2005

HOW TO KILL 'EM IN CLASS
(Cue crickets now)

Only four people showed up for class at the visually-pleasing health club last night, so I asked if there were any poses they were especially keen to do. They looked at me mutely. "I'm taking requests," I explained, and they nodded. "And you don't have to know the name of the pose."






One woman raised her hand and said, "Can we do this one, with the toes?" and showed a rendition of Janu Sirsasana C.

"Wow," said I. "No one has EVER requested that before." [Most students seem to prefer to avoid it altogether. It's hard on the knees, and its nickname is "the toe-crusher"].

The rest of the class -- all three of them -- winced.




"Huh," I continued. "It's almost like you requested a Yoko Ono* song."



Thud.



----------------------------------------




*Actually I really like Yoko Ono.
Janu C -- .... not so much.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:29 PM

    How old were these students? Maybe too young for the reference? Next time instead of a Yoko Ono song, you should update the reference to something more current. How about:

    "It's almost like you requested an Ashlee Simpson song."
    "It's almost like you requested a Jessica Simpson song."
    "It's almost like you requested an O.J. Simpson song."

    Let me know how that works out for you. Good picture of Yoko, though.

    Back to the toe-crusher - it hurts your toes, is hard on the knees, and based on the picture involves wedging your foot in your crotch? I'm not sure I understand the appeal. Except, of course, for the foot in the crotch.

    ReplyDelete